Why is it taking forever to back up my iPhone?
There are a couple of reasons why iPhone backup takes forever. Too many apps with too much information. There are too many media files such as photos, videos, etc. The initial backup of a new device will take much longer than future backups.
How can I speed up iCloud backup of my iPhone?
How to speed up a slow iPhone backup or iCloud backup
- Delete old unused apps that have a lot of app data.
- Delete unused media from iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- Move your photos to your computer or iCloud Photo Library.
- Create regular iTunes or iCloud backups.
- Avoid sending error reports to Apple every time you sync iTunes.
- Make sure you are using the correct connection.
Is it worth buying more iCloud storage?
I love Apple products, but there's no other way to put it: in most cases, buying iCloud storage is unnecessary and you should never pay for it. In 99% of cases, you won't have to pay extra money to make a full backup of your iPhone and iPad.
Will deleting the backup delete everything?
A: The short answer is no: deleting your old iPhone backup from iCloud is completely safe and won't affect any data on your actual iPhone. In fact, even deleting your current iPhone backup won't have any impact on what's actually on your device.
Will deleting iCloud backup delete contacts?
You can safely delete your iCloud backup. To do this, go to Settings → Your Profile → iCloud → iCloud Backup and turn the switch to Off to disable iCloud backups. This will only delete the iPhone backup from iCloud. It will NOT delete your iCloud contacts and calendars.
Should I delete old iPhone backups?
After you've successfully backed them up, you can delete your old backups from your account, freeing up space to back up to iCloud again. The only reason you would want to keep the old backups is if you still need to restore some of the data from them to your device. It will not do anything to your phone data.
How do I clean up my iCloud storage on my iPhone?
iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name], then tap iCloud.
- Tap Manage storage > Backups.
- Tap the name of the device whose backup you want to delete.
- Tap Delete backup > Disable and delete.
How do I keep photos in iCloud but delete them from iPhone?
How to delete photos from iPhone but not from iCloud
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- [your name] and choose iCloud.
- Tap "Photos".
- Turn off iCloud Photo.
- Now, you can delete photos from your iPhone.