What is a Russian Comet?
Two types of quotation marks are used in Russian typography. The first is «ёлочки», which is used in more formal writing. The other is "лапки". When you have a quote inside another, you can use both.
Why are the words statue and sculpture in quotation marks?
Quotation marks around single words may occasionally be used for emphasis, but only when quoting a word or term that someone else has used. This usually implies that the author disagrees with the use of the term. When quotation marks are placed around a word in this way, they are called scare quotes.
Why are my quotation marks backwards in Word?
It appears at the bottom of the text line instead of at the top. Because? The most likely answer is that you have implemented a language that uses these types of quotes. Select the text and press Ctrl+Spacebar.
What are the rules for quotes?
Quotation Marks and Other Punctuation In the United States, the general rule is that commas and periods always go inside quotation marks, and colons and semicolons (also hyphens) go outside: "Yesterday in there was a storm at night,” said Paul. .
Are the points included in the quotes?
Adjacent quotation marks and punctuation marks Quotation marks and periods that are part of the general sentence are enclosed in quotation marks, even though they are not part of the original citation.
Where do the footnotes go after a date?
Footnote or endnote numbers should follow punctuation, and should preferably be placed at the end of a sentence. When citing the source of a quotation, the number should be placed at the end of the quotation and not after the author's name if the author's name appears first in the text.
What do you do when you use the same footnote twice?
When you refer to the same source in two (or more) footnotes, the second and subsequent references should be entered as "Ibid". and the page number of the corresponding footnote. Use "Ibid". without any page number if the page is the same as the previous reference.
Can you use the same endnote twice?
Under Type, select Endnotes or Footnotes; click on the note corresponding to Selection; choose Reference to Insert reference to; click Insert. Select the newly inserted reference and give it a Footnote Anchor or Endnote Anchor character style so that it has the same formatting as other occurrences.
How do I remove duplicate footnotes in Word?
Select the Endnotes type, insert it as a reference, and choose the duplicate you are keeping (not the tagged one) from the list. Click Insert and Close. You should now have a full-sized endnote reference to the left of the insertion point and a superscript reference to the right. Press the Delete key to remove the duplicate.
How can I make footnotes fit on one page?
To keep the footnote attached to Word:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+S to apply styles.
- Footnote text.
- Click Modify.
- Click Format.
- Select Paragraph.
- On the Line and Page Breaks tab.
- Check the Keep lines together box.
- Click OK.
How do I remove duplicates in EndNote?
Removal of duplicates
- From the menu bar, select References -> Find Duplicates.
- A dialog box similar to this will appear:
- This box will show all duplicate records, it's up to you to confirm which to keep and which to discard.
- The box will reappear until all duplicate records have been handled.
How do I find and remove duplicates in Word?
Choose Edit » Replace to display the Find and Replace dialog box. Then clear any formatting and check the "Use wildcards" box. Enter (*^13)(/1)@ in the "Find what" box and /1 in the "Replace with" box. Click the Replace All button.
How do you remove duplicate rows in Word?
Remove duplicate table rows in Word
- Place the cursor on the table from which you want to remove duplicate rows, press the Alt + F11 keys to enable the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
- Click Insert > Module to create a new module.
- Copy the following codes and paste them into the new module script.
How do you find repeated words?
Word: Find duplicate words
- Press Ctrl+H to open the Find and Replace dialog box.
- Click More, then select the Use Wildcards option.
- In the Search field, type: (<[A-Za-z]@)[ ,.;:]@/1> (Note: There is a space, so I suggest you copy this search string.)
- In the Replace field, type: /1.
- Click Find Next, then click Replace. repeat
The largest meteor in more than a century crashed in Western Siberia.