How do I see comments in Moodle?
The Moodle My Feedback report appears in the My Profile > Activity Reports menu and allows students to see an overview of all their grades and feedback for assessment activities such as Moodle Assignments, Turnitin Assignments (v1 and v2), workshops and questions.
- How do I see comments in Moodle?
- How can I post comments in Moodle?
- Can the Moodle folder be edited?
- Where are Moodle plugins stored?
- How do the Moodle forums work?
- How do you respond to a discussion about Moodle?
- How do I attach a file to a Moodle forum?
- How can I upload a PDF to Moodle?
- How can I upload a large file to Moodle?
- What is the maximum file size the teacher is allowed in Moodle?
- How can I upload a folder to Moodle?
- Can students upload videos to Moodle?
How can I post comments in Moodle?
Upload comment files (if applicable)
- Click the assignment name on the Moodle course home page to access the summary page and click View/grade all submissions.
- From the Rating Action drop-down menu, choose Upload multiple comment files in one zip.
The types of files you can add to Moodle include PDF, Word and other text documents, PowerPoint presentations, spreadsheets, zip files and media such as image, video and audio files. Note: IT recommends that you use PDF when adding course materials such as readings or handouts.
How do you upload documents to Moodle?
How to upload a file to your Moodle course
- In the file upload box, click the Add icon (1) at the top left.
- In the file chooser, click Upload a file (2).
- In the file upload window, Choose File/Browse (3) for a file, select it and click Open.
- In the file chooser, fill in the remaining fields and click Upload this file.
Where are the Moodle files?
Moodle stores files in the Moodle data directory. This is a location on your server that you set when you installed Moodle.
Can the Moodle folder be edited?
It is created when it is installed. php is run or can be created and edited manually.
Where are Moodle plugins stored?
Common locations are: /path/to/moodle/theme/ – themes. /path/to/moodle/mod/ – activity modules and resources. /path/to/moodle/blocks/ – sidebar blocks.
How do I start editing my course?
- Navigate to your course home page.
- Select the Enable Editing button in the top right corner of your Moodle site. You will now see more editing icons appear in the center section of your page. A link to the navigation block is also available.
How do you edit in Moodle?
Start Moodle (https://moodle.davidson.edu) and open your course.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click the "gear" icon to open the course settings.
- From the resulting drop-down list, select the Enable Editing menu option.
How do I edit my discussion in Moodle?
To keep the post branch, try editing the post by clicking "Edit". Instructors and administrators have the ability to delete, edit, and split a post in a forum. Students can also delete their post, until someone else replies or until the editing period ends.
How do the Moodle forums work?
Forum activity allows students and teachers to exchange ideas by posting comments as part of a "thread". Files such as images and media may be included in forum posts. The teacher can choose to rate and/or rate forum posts and it is also possible to give students permission to rate each other's posts.
How do you respond to a discussion about Moodle?
Post in a forum
- Click Add New Discussion Topic (at the top of the page) to start a new topic (if the forum type allows it). The Your New Discussion Topic page opens.
- If there are already started discussions, you will see a list on the forum page.
- Click Reply to post a reply within a discussion.
Add a new topic to a forum
- Click the link to the forum activity (not the edit icon, but the link to open the forum).
- If you work with groups in the forum:
- Click Add New Discussion Topic (for a Q&A forum, click Add New Question).
- On the Your New Discussion Topic page, enter a subject and message (both required).
What is the Moodle platform?
Moodle™ stands for Modular Object-Oriented Dynamic Learning Environment. Founded and developed by Martin Dougiamas in 2002, Moodle™ was designed to provide educators, administrators, and students with an open, robust, secure, and free platform for creating and delivering personalized learning environments.
What does permalink mean in Moodle?
Every post made in Moodle 3.1 now includes an option to create a "permalink". A permalink allows you to link directly to a specific forum post so it can be easily shared with others. Clicking "permalink" highlights the specific post you're sharing, so users can be sure they're sharing the right information.
How do I attach a file to a Moodle forum?
Student: How do I attach a file to a forum post?
- Within your course, click the forum link.
- Click Add New Discussion Topic.
- Type a subject title.
- Add text and other content to the message text box as desired.
- Drag and drop a file into the attachment area.
- Click Post to Forum.
How can I upload a PDF to Moodle?
- To get started: Log in to Moodle, go to your course and click "Enable Editing".
- Upload your PDF: In the Admin block, click the "Files" link, then the "Upload a File" button.
- Link to your PDF: Once your file has successfully uploaded, it will appear in your Files folder.
To upload a file from your computer, click Upload a file (on the left), and below the attachment, select Choose file. Browse your computer and select a file, then click Open. The file name will appear next to the Choose File button.
How to upload a Ziple file to Moodle?
Upload a zip file
- Activate editing mode in your Moodle course.
- Drag the zip file from your computer to the desired topic or week in Moodle.
- Moodle will ask if you want to extract the zip file to a folder. Confirm this choice.
- A new folder with your files will appear in the theme.
How can I use Moodle?
Step-by-step instructions for using Moodle
- Step 1: Learn about the Moodle experience.
- Step 2: Install Moodle.
- Step 3: Set up your site.
- Step 4: Create the framework for your learning site.
- Step 5: Make decisions about regular settings.
- Step 6: Add core course material.
- Step 7: Make your courses interactive.
- Step 8: Assess your students.
How can I upload a large file to Moodle?
ini or . htaccess by going to our Moodle site -> Site Administration -> Security -> Site Security Settings -> "Maximum Upload File Size or Totara Site -> Site Administration -> Security -> Security Settings -> "Size maximum of the upload file and change the "Maximum uploaded file size" to the desired size.
What is the maximum file size the teacher is allowed in Moodle?
1. In your course area, go to Administration > Edit Settings and then the Files and Uploads menu and make sure you've set the maximum upload size to anything but 1MB.
How can I upload students to Moodle?
Allow students to upload and share files on Moodle
- Click the gear menu, then click Enable Editing.
- Select the "Folder" option in Resources and click the [Add] button or simply double-click the "Folder" option. Hover over a topic block and click Add Activity or Resource.
- Enter a name.
- Click the [Save and Display] button.
How do you use assignments in Moodle?
Add a task
- On your course page, click Enable Editing (green pencil icon, top right).
- Locate the section where you want to add the task.
- At the bottom right of the section, select + Add activity or resource.
- In the Activity Picker, select Task and select Add.
- Configure mapping options.
How can I upload a folder to Moodle?
Add a Moodle folder and upload files
- On your course page, click Enable Editing (green pencil icon.
- Locate the section where you want the resource to appear and click the gray arrow (
- In the activity selector, scroll down to the Resources heading and select the Folder radio button, then click Add.
Can students upload videos to Moodle?
Teachers can embed videos in Moodle anywhere there is a text box, including forums, quizzes, etc. However, students can only submit videos through assignments or forums. If you want the video to appear directly on your course home page, add it using a tag.
To embed a Kaltura video within an activity or resource:
- Log in to Moodle and open the desired course.
- Select Edit Settings to the right of the activity or resource you want to insert your Kaltura Media into.
- Click the Kaltura Media icon in the text editor.
How do I upload a Kaltura video to Moodle?
Click the gear menu, then click Enable Editing. Choose the topic block you want to add your video resource to and click Add Activity or Resource. Scroll down to the Resources section and click the radio button next to "Kaltura Video Resource" and then click the [Add] button.